15 Apps for Business Travellers in 2016
From finding the nearest ATM machine to finding the love of your life, there is an app for everything. We have shortlisted the 15 most useful apps for business travellers in 2016. You’ll wonder how you ever managed without them…
- Free WiFi Finder – Find free WiFi hotspots anywhere in the UK You don’t even have to be connected to the internet to find your nearest hotspot, as all the hotspots are stored locally on your device.
- Citymapper – Citymapper is the ultimate transport app for getting around the city, with an A to B journey planner, live updates and departures, and ETA for all modes of transport.
- Kabbee – Kabbee is a 24-hour comparison app for the best minicab companies in London. Up to 30% cheaper than black cabs, and cheaper than booking directly.
- ATM Hunter – The app uses GPS to locate ATMs and MasterCard PayPass accepting merchants near you. You can tailor your search depending on what you want to do, from making a deposit to using your own bank to avoid fees.
- Journey Pro – Plan and track domestic journeys throughout the UK with interactive maps and live departure information. The nifty route-sharing tool allows you to share your journey plan with colleagues.
- TripAdvisor Offline City Guides – Browse millions of reviews, opinions and candid photos from travellers and discover places to eat, drink, visit, and explore. You can also download maps and city guides for free, and upload your own photos and reviews.
- Tablepouncer – Find last-minute dining deals and book tables at top local restaurants with savings of up to 65%.
- Vouchercloud – Search for the best offers and download vouchers to use at restaurants, high-street stores, supermarkets, days out, leisure, entertainment and much more. Save even more with a huge range of online shopping vouchers and codes.
- Expensify – Acknowledged by the tech community as the best app for expense reporting, Expensify allows you to capture receipts, track time or mileage, and create expense reports quickly and easily.
- Foursquare – Described as the ultimate city guide, Foursquare gives you access to over 60 million short reviews by local experts so you can find the best local restaurants, coffee shops, and places to shop, drink, or visit no matter where you are in the world.
- Haze – A weather app like no other, Haze adds colour to your forecast with mesmerising animations and an interactive, audio-visual interface. As well daily and 5-day forecasts, you can check sunshine hours, UV levels, cloud coverage, as well as sunrise and sunset times.
- Parkopedia – Never waste time and petrol looking for a parking space again. Using your current location, the app finds the nearest parking spaces with up-to-date prices, availability, payment methods and more.
- TripIt – An essential travel organizer for business travellers, TripIt creates a detailed travel itinerary for you. Simply forward all of your booking and travel confirmations to firstname.lastname@example.org and TripIt does the rest. The app cleverly syncs with Apple Calendar, Outlook, or Google Calendar and even works offline.
- Evernote – Transform the way you organise your personal and professional projects with Evernote. You can take notes in any format, create to-do lists, and save things you find online. Sync and share your notes and ideas, and craft presentations.
- XE Currency – The go-to app for currency conversions, XE Currency allows you to easily convert every world currency, even when you’re offline. It has additional features that are useful for the savvy business traveller, including rates for precious metals and historic currency charts.